Saturday, September 6, 2014

Spirited Away

Okay, well that movie was definitely an interesting one. And most of you probably don't know this but that was actually my first time ever watching that movie. But I have watched many of Hayao Miyazaki's films.

Overall, I loved its color and its animation was spectacular, most definitely on my favorite list now. But the one thing that I thought was kind of odd was "no face". Although his name is "no face" he still had a mask to symbolize where his face would most likely be if he did have one. Not to mention how he acted towards Chihiro when she didn't want anything that he provided causing him to become filled with sadness and greed once he entered that bath house.

Also, I absolutely loved the moments of comedy relief near the end with the baby once he was turned into a mouse as well as the little black bird with him. Just the way he mocked Chihiro by stepping onto the smudge mark where she squished the cursed slug. It was kind of a way where he was trying to conquer his fear of germs like he talked about when Chirhiro originally met him in his cushioned room.


But overall, this was an amazing flim and I most likely wouldn't mind watching it again if I got the chance to.

1 comment:

  1. First time for me too. Loved the mouse and bird. ;) Bzzzzzz...

    ReplyDelete