Sunday, December 7, 2014

Jiro Dreams of Sushi


Jiro Dreams of Sushi is the story of 85-year-old Jiro Ono, who is considered to be the worlds greatest sushi chef. Working in a 10-seat sushi only shop in a subway system, Jiro seems to dedicate his life to his sushi. It may not seem like much on the surface, but this small shop is visited by many from all over the world and has won countless awards. The movie is a thoughtful piece on career, family, and Jiro’s life covering his success' and failures of both a culinary artist and a father. A movie has never felt me feel so important in my life. Like I am called to do something. Not only that, but that I am called to do something and do it amazingly well. Not for anyone else, but myself and my family. I think that is what filmmaking means to me. The same thing it all means to Jiro. Jiro is an inspiration to live by and he is a very accomplished man. It is one of those regret nothing type of lifestyles I have learned that you have to live. I draw a lot of inspiration from this documentary. It is definitely one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment